Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Led through 2014

TODAY'S SPECIAL: Isaiah 42:14-25

TO CHEW ON: "I will bring the blind by a way they did not know;
I will lead them in paths they have not known.
I will make darkness light before them,
And crooked places straight." Isaiah 42:16

Though the lists of goals and resolutions we customarily make at this time of year may give us a sense of control over the future, we don't know what will happen to us even later today, let alone for this week or this year. We face the future blind.

But we go into it with a Guide who can see. God can:

  • Obliterate barriers: "break gates of bronze and cut bars of iron (Isaiah 45:2).
  • Remove stumbling blocks (Isaiah 57:14).
  • Lead us into new territory as he will: "Get the road ready for the people. Build the highway....Clear the debris, hoist high a flag" (Isaiah 62:10 - MSG).
  • Lead us on this year's unfamiliar path:
But I'll take the hand of those who don't know the way,
   who can't see where they're going.
I'll be a personal guide to them,
   directing them through unknown country.
I'll be right there to show them what roads to take,
   make sure they don't fall into the ditch.
These are the things I'll be doing for them—
   sticking with them, not leaving them for a minute"  (Today's focus verse  - Isaiah 42:16 - from MSG)

    Let's trust our Guide through the days, weeks, and months of 2014.

    PRAYER: Dear God, You see the future ahead of me. I put my hand in Yours. Please lead me down this year's unfamiliar path. Amen

    MORE: "Lead Kindly Light" by John Newton (sung by Aled Jones).





    ***************

    Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

    Scripture taken from The Message are labelled MSG. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group.



    Bookmark and Share

    2 comments:

    1. Anonymous6:28 AM

      Great blog. I really enjoy reading those who walk with God in the cool of the day and trust him in the night. I appreciate the deep connection you have with Jesus. Thanks for your thoughts.
      PKP

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you! And "Lead Kindly Light" is one of my favorites. I enjoyed it very much, it's a very moving rendition.

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...