Saturday, November 07, 2015

"Whatever You say, I will do"

Ruth and Boaz - Ruth 3:15
TODAY'S SPECIAL: Ruth 3:1-18

TO CHEW ON: "And she said to her, 'All that you say to me, I will do.'" Ruth 3:5

I wonder if Ruth understood the full meaning of what Naomi was asking her to do. Whether she did or didn't, her simple, "All that you say to me, I will do," shows her faith in Naomi's wisdom and her complete willingness to comply with whatever she had in mind. She had cast her lot with Naomi and Naomi's God when she turned her back on Moab and she was  along for the ride, wherever that took her.

Her reply to Naomi reminds me of Mary's when the angel came to her with the troubling message that she would bear a son by the Holy Spirit: "Behold, the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to Your word" - Luke 1:38.

In the responses of these two women we see the total surrender that Paul talks about in Romans 12:1 - "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God which is your reasonable service." - Romans 12:1

I ask myself, am I that surrendered? When God reveals the next step—through a person, circumstance or His word, do I say, "I'm dead. A sacrifice on the altar. All that you say to me, I will do"?

PRAYER: Dear God, thank You for the beautiful example of Ruth and Mary. Help me to view my life as a sacrifice, dead to myself, available to You for whatever You have in mind. Amen.

*********
Unless otherwise noted all Scripture quotations are taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

Bible Drive-Thru


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...