Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

I can hardly believe a year has passed since I began writing these daily devotions. Thank you to all who read, regularly or occasionally. A special thanks to any and all that have emailed or left a comment. You don't know how much I appreciate hearing from you!

This project is summed up for me by God's words to Ezekiel:

"Son (daughter) of dust, let all my words sink deep into your own heart first; listen to them carefully for yourself. Then afterward go to your people in exile and whether or not they will listen tell them: 'This is what the Lord God says!'" Ezekiel 3:10-11.

That is what I've tried to do this year — listen to what God says to me, and then find words to pass that message on to you. I'm just sorry I do it so inexpertly.

I'm sure writing these daily meditations has done more for me than any reader. One can't handle the Word for several hours a day and not be changed. And since I can't imagine starting my day in any other way, I'll be continuing to post these in 2011. Again I'll use the Canadian Bible Society daily reading guide.

There will be a few changes in the days ahead, though.

  • URL change: I plan to move the blog to a custom domain early in 2011. Hopefully I'll be able to do that without interrupting the daily emails. I'll keep you posted and let you know if you need to re-subscribe.
  • New look: After the change above, I'd like to change the look of the blog. Think of it as spring cleaning and rearranging the furniture.
  • Breaks: These may not be quite as daily in 2011. I'll be taking the odd holiday break.

I am highly honoured that you choose to read. Again, thank you! And God's richest blessing in 2011.





Bible Drive-Thru

3 comments:

  1. Well done, Violet! You've put a lot into these daily posts, and I'm sure they've blessed you as well as blessing us.

    That verse from Ezekiel is a good one for us all.

    The Lord bless you to be a blessing in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree...you write quite expertly and I look forward to reading more!
    God Bless,
    Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Bryan and Janet.

    Thanks for the vote of confidence about the writing, Bryan. I wasn't fishing for a compliment or reassurance, just expressing how challenging I find it to put the living Word into words that don't sound stuffy, boring and like a talking teacher-head.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...