Saturday, February 03, 2018

Praise seminar

TODAY’S SPECIAL: : Leviticus  14-15 Psalm 34

TO CHEW ON: “I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.” Psalm 34:1

This little psalm helps us understand some of the facets of praising God, both in speech and song.

Our praise encourages others to praise Him:
“The humble shall hear of it and be glad
Oh, magnify the Lord with me
And let us exalt His name together (34:2-3)
Oh fear the Lord you His saints!
There is no want to those who fear Him.” (34:9)

Our praise dispels fear and brings boldness:
“I sought the Lord and He heard me
And delivered me from all my fears.
They looked to Him and were radiant
And their faces were not ashamed.” (34:4-5)

Our praise can be an act of faith as we invoke God’s presence into our situation, no matter how fearful or mundane:
“This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him
And saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him
And delivers them. (34:6-7,17-22)
So many things in life are out of our control. Right now, I'm writing the talks for a class I'll be giving at church, and making my talks into slide presentations. But I don't have a projector. So I'm trusting that the media department at our church can help me put this together. In the last few months it's becoming evident that our little granddaughter is facing a probable diagnosis of cerebral palsy. A few years ago when we were away on a summer holiday, our fridge began dispensing water all on its own so we came home to a flooded house and a big renovation. So many things in life, little to big, can and sometimes do go wrong (or what we consider wrong).

In all of life's uncertainties the tendency is to worry. But it's a choice. So right now I’m going to turn my thoughts from fear, worry, and anxiety to praise. I will open my  mouth in praise for all aspects of the situations I'm in. I will remind myself that God is bigger than all the things that make me fearful. And I can do this in the blink of an eye, whenever a fearful thought wants my attention, all day long--that is, continuously.

What will your continuous praise encompass today?

PRAYER: Dear Lord, thank You for Your greatness, so worthy of my continuous praise. Help me to have a disciplined mind and mouth to choose to praise You above every other response. Amen. 

PSALM TO PRAY: Psalm 34

*************

Unless otherwise noted all Scripture quotations are taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...