Monday, May 02, 2016

What we give and what He gives back

"The Blessing" - Image: pixabay.com
TODAY'S SPECIAL: John 14:15-31

TO CHEW ON: "'If you love Me, keep My commandments.'" John 14:15

Like all relationships, ours with Jesus is a two-way street. The more we are loyal to Him, the more of Himself He gives to us. Jesus talks about many aspects of what we give and He gives back in John 14.

  • We love Jesus and keep His commandments.
  • He gives the Helper who illuminates truth and lives with us and in us. The Helper also teaches us and helps us remember things - John 14:16-18, 26.

  • We love Jesus and keep His commandments
  • We are loved by the Father and will become aware of Jesus in new ways - "'I will love Him and manifest myself to Him'" - John 14:21 (emphasis added).

  • We love Jesus and Keep His word.
  • The Father loves us and "'We [the Father, Son and Helper—Holy Spirit] will  come to him and make Our home with him'" - John 14:23.

  • Jesus leaves us with peace - John 14:27.

I want that sweet, close, everyday friendship. I want the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as my housemates. I want the Helper as my teacher. I want peace.

You too?

Then let's play our part in this relationship by loving Jesus, by keeping His word, and by staying teachable and loyal to Him above all else.

PRAYER:
Dear Jesus, I hold close these, Your tender last words to the disciples. I want to do my part in maintaining our relationship. Please help me. Amen.
 *********

Unless otherwise noted all Scripture quotations are taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...